Sunday Morning Christian Education Hour: 9:00 AM
The whole Bible was given to us by inspiration from God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives; it straightens us out and helps us do what is right" 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Discipleship Classes - Fall 2017-Spring 2018
- Classes beginning September 10, Sunday - 9:00 am
- Oakhill's Adult Classes:
- The Blessed Hope: Class will explore the future hope of Resurrection through Church history, various positions of the church and current controversy about this central event in the life of every Christian. The goal is to help every student gain confidence and understanding of the wonderful plans the Lord has for His people as we face the future- taught by Pastor Jeff Carlson
- Islam & Christianity through a Muslims' Eyes: Learn how Islam & Christianity are understood through the eyes of a former Musliim, who was baptized in Christ by Pastor Jeff. Teachers: Phil Walsh & Timothy Sohrab
- Luke: The man - The man and his mini try & message: Who is was this man, that in such precise and accurate detail, presented the Greek world, and us, with a beautiful portrait of Christ -Taught by Phil Anderson
- The Confessions: In this class you will enter into a confession and learn the faith it proclaims and the backdrop of conflict that led to the church's writing of the confessions. - taught by Dr. Rev. Peter VandeBrake
- Handel's Messiah: We will look at the story behind the "Messiah" , the story behind it's composition, understanding the Biblica foundation for the Oratorio. taught by: Glenn Bulthuis - Oakhill's Worship Leader.
Oakhill's Youth Discipleship - 2017-18 has been under consistent leadership for many years. The teachers all work together, interweaving their programs that the youth will progress in their spiritual understanding of our Amazing Lord.
- Nursery: The Nursery is a year-round program staffed by loving Oakhill parents and volunteers
- Junior. Church- 4 yrs - 1st grade: Children who participate are excused from the adult service during the offertory giving them an opportunity to grow into the worshipping community, as well as giving parents an opportunity for more freedom and focus on their own worship time. Supervised by Pat Price, long time member.
- Young Ones (4 yrs - 1st Grade) Beginning lessons in applying Biblical stories into their lives. They will learn to watch for God in their daily experiences, learn to pray and share their faith.
- Teachers: Tanya VanderArk and Angela Mayberry
- Elementary Grades (Grades 2 to 5): Using Scripture Press as the base, the goal is to help the children not only learn, but get excited about our Lord and the great things he has for them. - Teachers: Becky Walsh & Sara Coryl
- Junior High: (Grades 6 to 8) Jesus' Ministry in the Gospel of John: We will use our study guide, power point and media to answer the main question of the week. - Teacher: Dianne Carlson
- Senior High (grades 9-12) - Culture Shock - using Chip Ingram's newest book, we bring a Biblical response to today's divisive issues. Goal. to understand and replace reactionary hate with revolutionary love. Teacher: Tom Broughton